Saturday 24 January 2015

empties (and fulls!)

Hey look I've used more things (and because variety is the spice of life, I thought I'd include some things which aren't technically empty, but that I'm not going to empty.)
 I've made it through a winter in England and Princeton, still wearing lipstick, without my lips cracking off! I entirely have the unglamorous Cymex lip protector to thank. It's cheap and because it's sheer/white it looks kind of milky pink on the lips, v cute. I also finished (!!!) a Peach Kiss version of the Maybelline Baby Lips. I think this might be my perfect nude lip product - both in terms of it imparting a sheer peachy nude colour, and that it feels like your lips are clothed only in a balm. I've already repurchased it.
 I finished the Aldi own brand hydrating serum, which I used as a serum+moisturiser because I'm only 21 and I am somewhat of a lazy bum. It's good because it hydrates without feeling heavy or greasy, it costs about £3, but I fear the frangrance in it has begun to irritate me. I don't think I'll buy it again, but I am curious about the other £3 Aldi serums. I used up a carmex and it was ok, but I'm pretty sure the ingredients are kind of dreadful - it had salicylic acid and menthol and things like that. I've moved back from carmex to cymex - a subtle but important difference. I also used up this whole Clarins exfoliating toner and I thought it was rubbish. It didn't do anything and I usually get on really well with liquid exfoliants. I think it was just way too mild for me.
 A whole picture gets dedicated to the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water because it is the bomb.com (and also, look, it snowed and my window view is v picturesque). It's so cheap and does exactly what Bioderma does (maybe - never tried it). I use this as my cleanser when I'm not in the shower. I think washing my face a lot less has really been helping out the situation. Anticipating this dark, GMCW-less time, I brought another with me from England and I'm pretty sure I'll buy this forever.
 Here are some guys I am breaking up with, product-wise. The Bobbi Brown Longwear Even Finish Foundation just isn't very good! It stinks like lavender, which I'm sure won't do skin any favours, and is way to dry even for my normal/oily skin. This would probably only work on people who are incredibly oily. I bought the Neutrogena Ulta Sheer Sunscreen from a pound shop, and then immediately realised it was almost certainly expired. There's no point wearing sunscreen which isn't screening the sun so I'm tossing it (I have been using the breakout-free version of this recently and I think it's so good!). The Seventeen BB Cream is ok, but this colour just isn't working for me. I got Medium because Light was a baby-pink colour, but it's too dark and muddy. I'm also throwing away the Tattoo-Me liner from Seventeen because it's too difficult to use - and when you make a mistake it's almost impossible to rub it out. Might work for extremely skilled liner-ers, but not for a clumsy oaf like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment