Friday 28 November 2014

more rubbish (you're welcome)

Another episode of me trying to downsize my life before I move to America for a bit (nbd).
The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil is very nice indeed. It smells good and removes makeup really fast and without having to do any scrubbing. I don't tend to wear enough makeup to warrant using this every day but when I do, it is very useful. I usually only wear a lot of makeup when I'm getting drunk, and when I'm drunk this is great and very quick.
Maybelline Brow Drama is ok. It is good to put on after you do your eyebrows to make them look a bit more "hairy" and less like flat drawn-on brows. However, I am so over spending time on my eyebrows, so I like to use some sort of brow mascara which fills them in as well. This Maybelline one isn't enough for me to use on its own and having to use multiple products in my eyebrows is effort I am not willing to undertake.
Neutrogena Rapid Clear Treatment Thingy didn't do anything for me.
Charles Worthington Volume & Bounce Texturising Spray is very good. I bought approximately a billion of these when there was a good deal on them and this marks the end of them. I'm sure I will buy this again but right now I'm using the superdrug dry shampoo with volume and that is very comparable and costs about one pound!
 Kiko City Filter Sunscreen I liked. You would be forgiven for not being able to tell what this is because for some reason the letters on the bottle moved around. It screened by skin from sun and didn't do much else, but I prefer the Bioderma one so I'm not buying it again.
Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover I found gimmicky and pointless. It's quick,  but also how long does removing nail polish actually take anyway?? Silly.
Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer is the best concealer ever. I use Vanilla which is a bit pale but it's also fine. Covers up everything but doesn't look like a ton of makeup. Already repurchased - this one lasted a year of nearly-daily use. 
Boots Botanics Organic Rosewater Toning Spritz is really nice. I would spray this on my face all day long if I could. Works under makeup as a toner to soothe and hydrate or over makeup to add a glow (I like to look kinda sheeny). The bad points are that I went through this quite fast, and that is has alcohol in it. Instead of repurchasing I just got some 100% rosewater on Amazon and put it in this spray bottle.

Again, I feel the need to apologise for this weird and potentially boring sort of blog post. But I am enjoying seeing the surplus of my "beauty" things shrinking and this is a good way to record it I reckon. Ok, goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment